Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 33

Last full week of the clinic for us.  Thank heaven!  This has been more stressful than I could have imagined.

Anyway, she had a good day today.  Both feeding therapists were there, so that made her happy.  She had speech before breakfast, which annoyed her, but she did okay with it.  I sat in and got an oral motor plan on how to do the exercises at home.  I have already ordered the tools we don't have.  I will probably have to start taking turns with the speech therapist on Wednesday at her next session.  I'm a bit nervous about it, but I have to learn how to do it soon.

At lunch, they adjusted her protocol to give her more independence.  She loved that! She was so happy to be able to choose what she wanted to eat and in what order.  She finished all of her food and only needed a little help from me with scraping the last bits of food out of the cups.  Not bad at all.

Dinner was more of the same, so she was happy about that.  It was cute.  She has taken to hopping like a frog all the way to her feeding room for each meal, and her therapists and I can't help but laugh.  She is too funny sometimes.

She had school today as well, and when I told her teacher she was back on her meds, she replied "Thank god."  Things must have been interesting on Friday.  She worked well today and her teacher was pleased.

There is a lot to be done in the next week and a half we have left of the clinic.  They want to try to kick up her textures another notch and see how she handles it.  They also need to refine her protocol.  I also have some things I need to discuss with her team regarding follow-ups, after care, etc.

No comments: