Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 19

So, we missed yesterday.  I wasn't feeling well, and neither was Daddy.  I guess the bright side of the whole thing was I got to take Sean to his first day at his new school.  He did great and I feel like he is finally in the right place.  When I picked him up, there were no complaints about his behavior or anything.  Sean was even able to tell me he played outside and he'd had crackers for his snack.

Today was a bit of a transition day for Sarah.  They're going to start having me do some of her feedings so she learns she has to eat properly for Mommy (and eventually everyone else), not just Miss D and Miss B and anyone else employed by KKI.  I sat in on her lunch and dinner feeds, and she did fine.  At lunch, she looked over at me twice, but ate fine.  At dinner, she was much more excited, and spent a lot of time singing and acting goofy, but she still ate everything well.  They have upped her texture a little on some of the foods too, and I think that is a bit of a challenge for her.

I talked to the staff about the behavior problems in the playroom and suggested a sensory break or two.  It seems she is misbehaving more often when the room is busier and louder, and I'm wondering if some of it may be due to being overstimulated.  I don't know how she did today because I didn't ask.  I'm still a bit under the weather, and by the time dinner came around, I was pretty tired and not feeling up to hunting down the playroom staff to go find out.

She had OT as well, and is tolerating the higher textured foods better in her mouth, but spitting about 3/4 of it out.  School went very well, and she made a cute craft.  I'll try and snap a picture and post it.

Anyway, I am pooped and we haven't even had dinner ourselves or put the kids down for the night.  No big Valentine's Day plans here.  I'm not feeling 100% yet, and neither is Daddy, so we'll wait on it.  The kids got some cute stickers from my mom, and Sarah got some stuff from KKI.  She even got to pick out a present for Sean.


No comments: