Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Feeding Clinic - Week 2

Well, we may have found the trick to getting Sarah to listen at the clinic. They have started showing her an Elmo DVD. If she hits, kicks, throws, or doesn't do as they ask, they stop the DVD. They used this for lunch and her afternoon snack, and it was pretty effective. She tested both therapists, but quickly caught on that her behavior was only making Elmo disappear. She still is protesting a lot of what they are going, but isn't fighting nearly as hard.

I am not staying around as much this week. I only watched breakfast yesterday. I stayed the whole time today, and I probably will Thursday. But I have an appointment tomorrow, so I won't be staying the whole time. And Friday I will probably just relax at home for a while.

Thursday is our first family meeting. I'm curious as to what will go on there.

The only other problem we're having is that Sarah isn't napping at the clinic. They know she's tired, but she can't seem to settle herself. We're going to bring the Pack 'n Play tomorrow and see if that works. Don't worry, I'm not lifting it! Sarah is almost too big for a Pack 'n' Play, but she sleeps nicely in one at my parents' house, so hopefully it will work at the clinic too. I wouldn't care if she didn't want to nap, but she was so tired an hour before her usual bedtime last night that she was screaming uncontrollably at the top of her lungs. It was awful!

That's it in a nutshell for now!

No comments: